In This Section
We recognise that the personal development of children, spiritually, morally, socially and culturally (SMSC), plays a significant part in their ability to learn and achieve. We therefore aim to provide a curriculum that provides children with opportunities to explore and develop:
- their own values and beliefs
- their own spiritual awareness
- their own high standards of personal behaviour
- a positive, caring attitude towards other people
- an understanding of their social and cultural traditions
- an appreciation of the diversity and richness of their cultures.
- an understanding of the British Values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
We work with all of the children at Talavera Infant School to develop their understanding of the four areas:
Our moral development is how we learn to understand what is right and wrong. Our school golden rules and class charters help us with our rights and responsibilities.
Our spiritual development is having a sense of awe and wonder of our amazing world. We also reflect on what we do and think about how we can improve.
Our social development is how we learn to play together, to co-operate and work together in groups, in our classes, our year groups and in our whole school community.
Our cultural development is finding out about and celebrating how other people live their lives now and in the past. It is also how we do things in our school, our community and our world.